Piles or Hemorrhoids is a disease that affects our rectum and anus, causing significant pain and suffering in the process. These growths can come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, and although the exact causes aren’t yet properly understood, medication for piles treatment has come quite a way from what it once was.
Knowing about the various nitty-gritties of piles can help us get a better understanding of the symptoms that are exhibited, the people who face a significant threat, and how can one cure piles effectively and efficiently, and those are some of the points that we will be taking a look at here. So, let’s get started.
What are piles?
Piles, or hemorrhoids, is a medical condition that results in the blood vessels of our anal area getting swollen. Now, this is a painful occurrence, leading to issues like bleeding, constipation, severe pain, release of mucus, etc. In many cases, they would disappear naturally in a few days as well.
The problems start to arise when such remediation doesn’t take place naturally and one has to rely on medical and surgical procedures to cure piles. Let us take a look at some of the symptoms that piles show.
- Blood in fecal matter.
- Itching of the anus.
- Constant urge to poop.
- Unnatural mucus excretions.
- Intense pain and discomfort in the anal area.
Piles can be treated and cured effectively in a large number of ways, including home remedies, piles treatment medicine, and surgical methodologies. Let’s take a brief look.
Due to the nature of the disease, piles can be effectively treated at home without having to visit the medical center. The actual effectiveness of these methods would depend largely on the degree of contamination and the treatments that are being followed. Ayurvedic medicines are extremely capable of remedying piles as well, so that is something that you might want to consider as well.
- Psyllium Husk- Also referred to as Isabgol in certain circles, this can be used to make the poop softer, thereby making defecating easier. This is one of the best home remedies that one can avail of when it comes to hemorrhoids.
- Aloe vera- Anti-inflammation plays a major role in easing piles pain. Aloe vera possesses proven anti-inflammatory properties, something that helps ease the pain that one experiences during piles.
- Sitz baths- Sitting in warm water for 10-15 minutes after defecation has proven to ease piles pain. If you aren’t able to access suitable facilities at home, clinics and pharmacies would be able to help you out.
Besides the home therapies that we just discussed; medical procedures can be used to remedy hemorrhoids as well. OTC creams, ointments, pads, etc. are some of the most effective treatments that are recommended by doctors regularly, but the exact nature would depend on how grave the situation is. These creams primarily contain lidocaine or hydrocortisone extracts, something which helps ease the agonies.
Besides this, some of the other medical procedures that are commonly relied on to cure piles are as follows.
- Sclerotherapy- This involves injecting certain medicines and chemicals into the affected tissues. What this does is that it dries out these areas, thereby forcing them to fall off in due course.
- Coagulation- By far the least painful method in this category, coagulation is used to harden the blood that is present in the infected tissues. Once the tissues get hardened out, they gradually dry up and fall off within a specific period.
In certain cases, controlling or curing piles may not be possible through the aforementioned methods, and in such cases, the doctor can recommend going for a surgical procedure. Some of the most commonly used surgical methods are.
- Hemorrhoid removal- In certain cases, doctors might consider operating and removing the entire tissue sets. This helps prevent recurring infections and the healing benefits are delivered rapidly as well. The only downside to such procedures is the costs and side effects involved.
- Stapling the tissues- In principle, this is a process that’s similar to ligation. Here, internal tumors are stapled surgically, thereby limiting the amount of blood that flows through them. After a certain duration, these tissues are removed by the body automatically. This is a procedure that may yield certain side effects as well, so that is something you might want to watch out for.
The aforementioned medical procedures are some of the most prominent ones that are used to treat hemorrhoids. Now, the exact processes to be used rely heavily on the diagnosis process, so getting that one right has proved to be essential.
The Piles best medicine depends on the nature of the illness and to what degree it has grown. Going for Ayurvedic medicines makes a lot of sense when it comes to healing hemorrhoids, so that is something you might want to check out as well.